It may have been a grey, dreary cold day in Duluth but members of the Lake Superior Modern Quilt Guild grabbed their brightest quilts, bundled up, and gathered for a walkabout around Duluth's iconic Aerial Lift Bridge!
Check out the Duluth News Tribune article on the colorful walkabout:
Duluth quilters strut stuff in Canal Park
Here are all the details for the August Paintchip/Shape Challenge!
- We drew one shape and one color each at the May meeting. You can draw in June if you were not there, or request that I draw for you.
- We will document what you draw so we can remind you in case you lose them.
- You must use the color and shape on the front of your quilt.
- You may add one color, and if desired, a neutral as well. The challenge lends itself well to solids, but that is not required, mono prints or low volume would also work.
- Other shapes can be used, but the drawn shape must be the predominant one.
- Your quilt should be 12 - 24 inches on each side, must be quilted and either faced or bound.
- The back can be whatever fabric and design you'd like to use.
- Those who wish to swap will be able to do so at the August meeting. Your quilt must be at the meeting to be eligible for swap. We will not draw swap partners now.
- Esch House Quilts has some great inspiration! You can find Debbie on Facebook or at eschhousequilts.com where she has a blog.
- And, finally, there will be prizes!
The Lake Superior Modern Quilt Guild meets the
2nd Thursday each month from 6pm-8pm at
McTavish Quilt Studio & Fabric (1831 E 8th St in Duluth).